Monday, February 05, 2007

Say Goodbye to My Ugly Floor

#78 Replace kitchen floor

Two weeks ago we popped into a local tile store, met a salesman when we were halfway in, and practically had the tile bought by the time we hit the back of the store--a very tiny store. But I knew what I wanted and there's no sense in hemming and hawing once they show you what there is. I could have gone all over hell and highwater searching for other things, but why?

Today, our contractor comes to take up the old lino. See how dirty it is? I have been on my hands and knees cleaning that floor. Nothing in the world was going to erase the years of ground in dirt.

To facilitate this job, we had to pull up the carpet in the hallway--we want him to be able to put in a nice marble threshhold. The hardwood threshhold is pretty beat up, so better to have him cover it, than have to deal with it later. So we are one room away from having the carpet pulled up in the whole downstairs (#76).

And we've placed an order for a new door (#95)! It should be up next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what a difference replacing old linoleum can do for a kitchen.

Goodbye, old floor, goodbye.