Tuesday, August 07, 2007

#66 Visit Newport, RI

I left my house at 6:00 am to fly up to Providence to interview the donor, and boy, what a trip.

Our hostess showed us her private home, offering us a picnic, and brought us to visit "The Farm".

By the time we got to town, we only had an hour or so before we were scheduled to head to the airport. We did walk a bit down Thames and Bellevue, but we didn't have enough time to tour any homes. But then again, I mentioned the tour of the private home, right?

As usual, Philadelphia airport SUCKS, and ATC had to delay our flight two and a half hours. Apparently they can schedule flights, they just can't stick to the schedule. Even our pilots were perplexed because there was no weather in Phillie. It's just the crappiest major city in America.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too bad you didn't get to enjoy more of Newport. Did it whet your appetite enough to make you want to go back?

Michelle said...

I was able to visit Newport several years ago, when I went visiting my friend in RI. We toured a couple of the mansions, and they are amazing! I'm sure your tour was fantastic.