Thursday, October 04, 2007

Non-fiction

I am still dragging myself through that flu book. It's not that I don't like history or thinking, but it is just taking me so long to read it. I'm about 2/3 of the way through.

I did manage to read Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair in about a minute and a half. It was enjoyable like Laurie's website is.

I wanted to share with you Laurie's list for having better relationships, because I think everyone can learn from it.

Have more sex. Hire a cleaning service so you spend less time being resentful. Go out on dates at least once a week. Always be kind, even when you want to be mean. Listen more, talk less. Don't drink too much wine at a party and accuse him of ...anything. Wear sexier stuff to bed. Have your own life. Have your own goals, interests, and activities. Don't give up being whole. Don't pick someone who'd need you to be less than you are. Choose well. Don't criticize his driving.


I'm working on a few of these. The mean thing. The criticizing the driving thing. I think we need to work on the housekeeper thing too.

Nonfiction: 3.5

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I sure could have used that housekeeper when Eric spilled V8 all over the living room carpet yesterday.

Unknown said...

Yes, the housekeeper thing is essential! We get a crew from Merry Maids in about every six weeks. Yes, that still means you load and unload the dishwashers and do the laundry. Yes, you have to pick up your stuff (they are cleaners, not personal assistants), but at least I know all the toilets and bathtubs are spotless at least a couple of times a year. And if we have guests, I know they won't run into a dead scorpion in their bathroom. Everything smells so good after they have been there.