Wednesday, October 07, 2009

#22 More Cooking

Last night's dinner was Texican Beef Stew, one of my all time favorite crock pot recipes. To accompany it, I decided to make Ina Garten's buttermilk cheddar biscuits from Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics.

Oh my achin' God.
Those were awesome. I know I am not southern, but I try to live my dietary life as though I were. That is, I have eaten a lot of biscuits in my time all across this great land of ours. These were the best I have ever had. Best right out of the oven, best cooled down later in the evening, best the next day for breakfast.

Oh, and on Sunday, the dude, Sissy, my cousin and her husband and I went to see David Sedaris at the Keswick Theatre. He was hilarious reading essays he was working on for his next book. We all really enjoyed it. The theater had a giveaway of tickets for Capitol Steps. We had to look under our seats to see if we won. Four of us look under our seats...nothing. So I say to the dude, look under your seat to see if you won. (He hadn't heard the announcement, which to his credit, was very low and mumbly.) So he looks at the floor under his seat. I said, "No. Feel the bottom of your seat for an envelope or something." And he says, "For an envelope...like this?" as he whips out an envelope. He won tickets! Since the show is November 1, that will make three months of cultural events. (And since we went to see Lorrie Moore read in September it's really four events in three months.)

1 comment:

Benny said...

PVD-coating along with other rolex replica sale tend to be fairly contemporary. Therefore provided these types of brand new systems, will Rolex possess a great motivation to provide black-coated wrist watches. Obviously the solution is determined by whether rolex replica sale can perform this differently, inch in an exceedingly top quality as well as unique method. The most rolex replica uk concern in order to Rolex is actually they can happen in order to merely end up being hublot replica uk a pattern arranged through businesses they don't on their own authorize. Rolex customizers don't have any recognized romantic relationship along with Rolex. Among the factors which brand new customized rolex replica tend to be therefore costly is actually how the businesses which make all of them very first have to buy the rolex replica sale on their own, after which alter all of them, after which replica watches sale all of them as well as help to make a few revenue.