Wednesday, July 12, 2006

#34 Finish current WIPS

WTF is a WIP? WIP is cyberstitcher (as in needlework) jargon for "work in progress." Some projects take so long, or are put aside in favor of other projects, that they can be "WIPS" for years. TakeToy Gatherer for example. I started stitching it in 1995, but it got put aside often so that I could stitch the 100 or so projects I have completed in the past ten years. I just have to add beads and charms to this one. I'll definitely finish it this year.


Some of the other projects I am working on this month (see below), include Hardanger Napkin Rings (sorry, these are white on white and don't photograph well) which were started at a class in 1997--this is now my official travel project, so I will get some good time on these; Treasured Tulips also a class probably later 98? or 99?, this project has about 20 hours left on it; Enchanted Alphabet will be finished soon, but I did start it in 2000 when my niece, a kindergartner, was a fetus; and Anna's Bird which is a fairly recent start, but gets put aside during the dark months because of the black fabric.

No comments: