Monday, July 31, 2006

Making Progress on the Home Front

This weekend I ran around to Ikea, JC Penney, Lowe's, and Joann's to start some of the projects from this list. At Ikea, I bought some curtain hardware and thought about getting something like this for the living room. We have this huge picture window which is currently dressed with vertical blinds. I hate them, but I haven't found anything I love yet. Something easy to open so that we do open them and something that will attain the level of privacy the dude is after. Penney's is having a huge sale, including the dining room chairs we so desperately need (#86). They didn't have the furniture on display, but we got a lamp and a giant picture frame. I mean giant--it holds 4x6 pictures 7 across and 5 down. This will replace the shelving we were going to get (#89). We only needed the shelving because we have a giant wall that we can't put any furniture on--it's in the traffic pattern. The only trouble was it's not the right color. At Lowe's I got spraypaint for the shutters (#97) and the giant picture frame. On to Joann's where I bought six 12x12 frames for the maps we have to hang in the guest room. We've chosen the maps and put them in the frames, but we haven't managed to put them on the wall (#88).

I've scheduled myself to complete a few of these projects during the week. We'll see...

No comments: