Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Letters

Dear Kansas City,

Why the Wonder Bread? You use quality beef to make your barbecue. Your sauce is on the spicy side, which I enjoy—brought home four bottles, even. Yet you insist on using the crappiest bread you can find. I have this thing about bread dating back from when I was a child. I’m only picky about two things: no fat or gristle on my meat and no bread that deteriorates on contact with the slightest bit of liquid. It’s a little sad how much bread was wasted this past weekend. And I blame you.
###

Dear Mother Nature,

While I greatly appreciate that you held off with the snow until we were actually out of Chicago, couldn’t you have done a little better with Dallas? I know it doesn’t seem like it should matter since we flew MCI-> MDW -> PHL, but those winds in Dallas threw everything off and we spent 10 hours in transit, mostly in airports just sitting.
###

Dear Midway Baggage Handlers,

When they cancel a flight, say 440, and put all the passengers from 440 onto the same new flight, you should take the bags that you have stacked up to put on 440 and bring them to the new plane. You had over an hour; I really think you should have been able to handle this one.
###

Note to Self:
When checking bags, make a note of three things that are packed in each bag. That way when the lost baggage clerk in Philadelphia asks for three items in the bag, you can think of at least one thing that’s not birth control.
###

It was a fun trip. Full report later!

No comments: