Monday, February 11, 2008

#14: Read 16 Works of Fiction

The Friday Night Knitting Club
Kate Jacobs

I won this book in the Craft Magazine/baseball thingamajig. Yesterday, I picked it up when I was in the craft room sewing. I read about 60 pages, and was totally hooked. It's a nice cozy little book about people who hang around in a yarn shop. It's about women's lives and how they form friendships. It's a lot more warm than Whitney Otto's How to Make an American Quilt but less academic? literary? Something really sad happens, but I'm not going to tell you because you should read it.

The dude saw me put the book down and asked how many pages. 345. "I couldn't have read that book today if I had stayed home from work." But I didn't read it all today. And it was just a little cozy book with the big sad thing. But it made me all warm and fuzzy anyway.

Fiction: 14

3 comments:

Brave Astronaut said...

Man! Evelyn Wood, eat your heart out.

Anna van Schurman said...

The problem is that it only works for fiction. When it comes to nonfiction, it's like hiking in knee deep mud.

Michelle said...

I've been wanting to read that book. Maybe I'll pick it up the next time I splurge on books.