Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Neglect

I've been neglecting this little endeavor. I think it's because my time draws near, and I have no motivation.

Here's another wreath I made from silk forsythia, or, as I would have it fauxythia:


I watched Yankee Doodle Dandy which is on the AFI top 100 list that I am trying to complete. It was long, tedious, and predictable, but Cagney, godblesshim, was doing quite a job. Sometimes you could almost see his eyes pleading with the other actors to show a little more life. Unfortunately, he played a song and dance man but he could neither sing nor dance. I also started watching The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Sometimes I felt like I was out in the desert digging for treasure with them: bored, hot, tired. I'm not one who needs a snappy film. I love Chinatown. Do you know how slowly that movie goes? I enjoyed The Conversation. I don't need all kinds of action. But boy howdy, I've been disappointed in the AFI's 100 best that I've watched so far. (There were about 50 that I had seen before and quite enjoyed. Maybe I didn't see the others for a Very.Good.Reason.)

I still haven't finished The Great Influenza. I don't know what is wrong with that book. I really enjoy medical history; I work at a frickin' medical school. I think it's the organization. Anyway, I wish I could count it among my non-fiction finishes, but no such. I finally went and got something different to read: Bonk by Mary Roach. If sex doesn't interest me...oh yeah.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so behind on my 101 too...I'm hoping that reading this will inspire me. I just can't seem to get motivated about much of anything lately. Love your wreath!