Monday, May 19, 2008

# 14 Read 16 Works of Fiction

When I was dying of boredom, I got the dude to take me to the library, and this is one of the books I got. There's something I love about Peter Whimsy. Gaudy Night is one of my favorite mysteries of all time. Unnatural Death is more of a how-dunnit than a who-dunnit--kind of like Columbo. There is something a little jarring, though, about the 1920's lack of political correctness, or as the new book I am reading, In Other Words, would have it, onderbuikgevoelens (Dutch for socially unacceptable sentiments). Full report when I finish, probably on the bus ride home.

Recently--Mother's Day to be exact--I gave my niece a box of our old books. My contribution was the Nancy Drew novels I had loved as a child and my sister's was some Roald Dahl novels. Yesterday, Lala reported that she's read three Nancy Drew books. They're saying she takes after me. Of course, the books are short and she has way more free time than most of us, but she is only eight.

Fiction: 15

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I was about 8 when I discovered the Nancy Drew books and went through them very quickly. It is a good sign for her reading abilities, though.