Friday, June 05, 2009

65. Finish my purple felted bag

In an effort to do better than I did last time, I have started a notebook to help keep me focused. Okay, maybe I went over the top, but I needed to use up the purple scraps.

Just about each item on the list has its own page with ideas for getting the item done. So right now, #2 "try 12 new-to-me restaurants" has 12 lines numbered followed by a list of ideas including Everyday Good House (because you have to love that name), Kaffa Crossing, Bindi, Distrito, and Dim Sum Garden. To help complete #4 "attend a pow wow," I have researched events that take place in the northeast, so now I know that Schemitzun takes place in Connecticut the third week of August; the Baltimore Indian 35th Annual will be held in Timonium, MD July 17-19; and the 29th Annual Roasting Ears of Corn will take place mid-August in Allentown, PA. I know that I will have to postpone trips to the Isabella Stewart Gardner (#12) and Atwater Kent (#9) because some or all of their galleries are closed this summer. I know when the other museums are open, how much they cost, and which days free tours are offered. I have a list of CDs and books that are available at the public library to help me with my French (#17). I know I have to read 2 Pulitzer Prize (#18) winners a month (just about) to keep to the schedule, and I have the five we own resting on my nightstand. I've put Roger Ebert's 102 films (#20) on the Netflix list. I have a schedule of things I need to do this fall so we can landscape next spring (#30). I know that I need to finish an in-progress cross stitch project (#40-51) every 100 days; I know that these days are September 10, 2009; December 19, 2009; March 29, 2010; July 7, 2010; October 15, 2010; January 23, 2011; May 3, 2011; August 11, 2011; November 19, 2011; and the final day of this 1001. I know that I can attend an EGA meeting in July (#53) and relearn punchneedle (#69). I know the schedules at local U Pick farms (#84) near us and learned the exciting news that Linvilla is planting Seascape strawberries, my favorite. I know when the International Dragon Boat Festival is in Philadelphia and when the local women's boat practices (#88). I found stretching exercises to help me do a split (#90), and I've scheduled a time with my sister to help my mom clean out the attic (#98). I even talked to my mother on the phone yesterday (#100).

And that's not all.

I went to the basement, found my purple bag, and put the last stitches in. It's been through a couple of washes. Here it is drying. This has only taken me four years--three and a half to do the kitchener stitches (all six of them) and felt it. Looking on the bright side (#86), it's done. And it's fabulous!

before and after

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your bag looks great...and I love your journal. Your list is wonderful. Glad you were able to get it finalized!