Tuesday, June 02, 2009

New List

Start: June 2, 2009
End: February 28, 2012


  1. Go to one cultural event per month for three months (0/3)
  2. Try 12 new-to-me restaurants
  3. Find out about three interesting foods, seek them out and try them
  4. Attend a pow wow
  5. Take nieces to NYC at Christmas time for a play and to see the store windows
  6. Visit Elfreth's Alley in the winter
  7. Visit the Rosenbach Museum
  8. Visit the Morris Arboretum
  9. Visit the Atwater Kent
  10. Visit the Cloisters (NYC)
  11. Visit Fallingwater
  12. Go to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
  13. Visit Iceland
  14. Visit three of the following states overnight: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota or Wisconsin (0/3)
  15. Visit the Biltmore Estate
  16. Go to Paris for 10th anniversary (07-14-11)
  17. Study French so I'll be more fluent when we go to Paris
  18. Read the Pulitzer Prize Winners for Fiction that I've never read (0/53)
  19. Learn all the capitals of the 192 UN recognized countries, that includes you, Honduras
  20. Watch Roger Ebert's 102 Films to See Before You Die that I have never seen (0/64)
  21. Earn Five Merit Badges from "You Can Do It!" (0/5)
  22. Take a cookbook out of the library every other month and make two dishes from each (0/16)
  23. Trace my ancestry back to the old country (not Canada)
  24. Paint downstairs bathroom, including trim
  25. Install blinds in bedroom
  26. Fix couch in guest room
  27. Hem curtains in guest room
  28. Create a household inventory
  29. Cut down the black cherry tree in the back yard, grind stump
  30. Landscape backyard
  31. Create raised vegetable gardens in the backyard
  32. Take antenna off roof
  33. Organize the basement
  34. Convert all videos we own to DVD; get rid of VCR
  35. Fix or replace DVD player
  36. Build a Habitat for Humanity House
  37. Volunteer walking shelter dogs
  38. Go on a volunteering vacation
  39. Volunteer with Philadelphia Cares four times annually (0/12)
  40. Sort scrapbook supplies and donate the things I don't use preferably to an organization that does therapeutic scrapbooking with MR kids
  41. Finish current WIP--Elizabethan Rose
  42. Finish current WIP--Spots II
  43. Finish current WIP--Treasured Tulips
  44. Finish current WIP--Scared Silly
  45. Finish current WIP--Watercolor Geraniums
  46. Finish current WIP--Majestic Rooster
  47. Finish current WIP--Knot Garden
  48. Finish current WIP--Apple Sampler
  49. Finish current WIP--Folk Art Thread Keep
  50. Finish current WIP--Tree of Life Window
  51. Finish 5 FUFOs as wall hangings
  52. Send four needlework items to be professionally finished
  53. Go to EGA meeting at least once
  54. Finish scrapbooks currently in progress: 1999
  55. Finish scrapbooks currently in progress:niece 1
  56. Finish scrapbooks currently in progress:niece 2
  57. Finish scrapbooks currently in progress:1998 Poland trip
  58. Make album of nephews 1 and 2
  59. Make album of nephews 3 and 4
  60. Make a happiness album, an 8x8 album of things that make me happy
  61. Make short digital videos of the girls
  62. Finish my pinwheel charm quilt top
  63. Make a piece of jewelry with the beads I bought two years ago in OK
  64. Make all my Christmas presents for Christmas '09 (0/24)
  65. Finish my purple felted bad
  66. Make the Amy Butler Overnight Case
  67. Finish felted wool blanket
  68. Use every stamp Sissy and I have
  69. (Re)learn punchneedle and complete three projects
  70. Complete catalog of books
  71. Purge five things from every room in the house on (each) November 22, National Declutter Day (0/3)
  72. Organize craft room
  73. Host an open house
  74. Host three cocktail parties (0/3)
  75. Host three dinner parties (0/3)
  76. Go to pub quiz five tiems (0/5)
  77. Write a note to my grandmothers monthly (0/33)
  78. Host five game nights (0/5)
  79. Go out on a date once a month with the dude (0/33)
  80. Meet three blogging friends--ones I haven't met before--IRL
  81. Exercise three days a week for three months (0/36)
  82. Stretch every day for one month (0/31)
  83. Lose 50 pounds
  84. Pick fruit at a UPick farm
  85. Eat five fruits and veggies every day for three months (0/90)
  86. Try to be more positive--at the end of each day, take five minutes to write down in a journal every good thing I did or experienced that day
  87. Take a Pilates class
  88. Learn to row a Dragon Boat
  89. Get a message, annually (0/3)
  90. Become flexible enough to do splits again
  91. Write a will, including all the attendant documents
  92. Write and send off a book proposal
  93. Create and practice my 3 minute elevator pitch for myself
  94. Write and send a fan letter
  95. watch an Eagles game at Lincoln Field
  96. Pay off second mortgage
  97. Put things from NH attic on ebay
  98. Help parents clear out NH house; take my things out of their house and find places for them in my house (or give them away)
  99. Finish the family cookbook
  100. Talk to my mother--on the phone or in person--weekly (0/143)
  101. Post updates about this list at least once per month

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a list.

re: #64 - that's ambitious!

My word for verification today is "ackyases". I thought you'd like it.

Anna van Schurman said...

Well, I have a little time on my hands. Of course, I should stop wasting it!

Susan said...

I tried to leave a comment about your last list, but blogger must have been hungry that day. Anyway,
please tell me more about the Main Line Stitch n' Bitch that you were too chicken to attend. I belong to a sampler guild that meets in Hockessin, DE, but I live in Montgomery County, PA and would welcome something closer.

Also, please tell me more about the merit badges from "You Can Do It."

Love your list and your organization! I'll be borrowing your notebook idea when I do my new list this month.

Anna van Schurman said...

Susan, I couldn't find your e-mail address to respond. The info about the ML SNB is here. (They had to lose the stitch n bitch name.)

You Can Do It is a book for your inner girl scout.